People Search – We Find People From Your Past
When people decide to do a ‘people search’ they are often looking for one of the following,
1. A long-lost family member
2. An old friend
3. Someone who owes them money
4. Any other reason such as to speak about an issue or to return something or find something out.
Whatever the reason. There are many ways to search for people. Some work and some don’t.
So today we’ll take you through these ways and see which is the right one for you.
In 2022 the internet has many ways to help you with your own people search investigation.
So, it is important to establish how you want to carry out your people search.
This could be via,
1. Your own people search investigation. This is where you visit websites to access information that make a people search possible.
2. A service where you instruct a professional agency and pay them to people search for you.
They both come with advantages and disadvantages.
The professional service will cost you money. So, if you are looking for someone’s address to write them a Christmas card, it might be too expensive.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a father you have never met and don’t know his name, a people search on Google is unlikely to help.
So firstly, establish who you are looking for, how important it is to you and what you are prepared to spend.
Even with your own searching you can spend lots of time and effort and not really get anywhere.
You can even spend lots of money. Documents cost up to £30 and we’ve seen clients who have ordered tens of documents in blind faith. Just because you find a birth record for a ‘John Smith’ it doesn’t mean it is your ‘John Smith’.
The problem with doing your own people search is most people take steps to protect their identity so don’t flaunt their address online. You can end up finding ‘snippets’ about someone but be left feeling frustrated by the lack of ways to contact them.
We’ve written lots of articles that help you find where someone lives by carrying out your own research.
So, if that is what you are looking for then take a look at this article to help you find someones address and we’ll tell you everything you need to know. The remaining part of this particular people search article will focus on using our professional service to find someone.
Let’s start with a question.
Do you need to know where someone currently lives but don’t have much information?
Well, we can help with that.
Here is how our service works and how it can help you with your own people search. You’ll also see how much goes into each search to get you the answers you are looking for.
We don’t just find your person and report back to you. There is more to it than that.
Here is what is included in our ‘people search’
1. We speak to you and find out who you are looking for and why
2. We ask safeguarding questions so we can understand you and make sure we provide you with the correct level of support. If you are looking for someone to return a lawnmower, then the support you require will be less than if you are looking for your birth mother after you were adopted 50 years ago. We understand that and tailor our service to your needs.
3. We start our search to find your person. This could be in the UK or anywhere else in the world. We have external researchers who have helped us find people in most countries and as well as the usual countries like Cananda, Spain, Australia etc also in Paraguay, Libya, and the South China Seas. We also have researchers who specialise in finding hard to find documents, DNA, and genealogy work too.
4. This team of researchers is dedicated to finding your person. Sometimes that can take a day, sometimes a year but we’ll keep you involved every step of the way.
5. Once we find your person, we’ll contact you. We’ll help you to prepare for contact and we’ll discuss possible outcomes with you.
6. We want you to feel a part of the process. We are here to help you and support you to get the answers you are looking for. You might be desperate to know something or apologise for something, you might be looking to make contact with the person (most people do) or you might want to return something.
7. If you want contact, we will move you over to our intermediary team. They will help you contact your person. We have a clear process for this part of the search. It works really well. Let us deal with any initial reactions. Let us make sure your contact will be positively received. Let us make sure your person is in a good place for contact. Let us take that pressure away from you.
8. At the end of the process, we’ll make sure you feel you have been supported. We’ll make sure you are safe, and we’ll make sure that if you need any further support we signpost you to other services that can help.
Hopefully from this you can see that from typing in ‘people search’ to this point there is a lot more too it. But don’t feel overwhelmed.
That’s really important.
Don’t feel overwhelmed
Don’t feel like its ‘not the right thing to do,
Don’t feel like your ‘not normal’
Don’t feel like you are ‘weird’ for wanting to find some
Don’t feel scared. We are here to support you.
We work for 1000’s of people each year. They are normal people who just need answers.
Some are emotional and it is a HUGE deal to them, others just want to pay for and receive a fair service.
We support both and everyone in between.
So, if you’re thinking about finding someone.
It’s best to speak with us.
At the end of the call, you might decide our service is not for you.
You might decide not to look for them or find them a different way.
Our experience tells is that we can’t hard sell people. Nor would we want to.
This has to be right for you.
Our premium in-depth service is ideal for locating people when you only have snippets of information.
So don’t worry if you don’t know much about the person you are looking for.
Our research team will work out a plan to find your person with the information you do have.
We’ve found people when we didn’t know what country they were in.
We’ve found people when we didn’t know their name.
We’ve even found relatives for clients when the client didn’t even know the relative existed!
Regardless of when you last saw them or how much information you remember we can help.
So, as we always say. When you are ready to find them, we are ready to help.
If you have any questions about our people search services, then please get in touch today.
If need any advice or have any questions regarding our In-depth People Search Services please contact us on 0113 2825900, we will be happy to help. We understand that this could be an emotional time and will treat your situation with tact and discretion.
Still not convinced we can help you?
Click Here to see what some of our customers say about this service. We help people just like you, everyday! Thank you for reading our article about people search.
If you need further mental health support. You could try here.
I Hope My Story Helps Encourage Others
“Please do pass on my gratitude to Sue and all at Relative Connections. You are all doing a very important job. I hope my story helps encourage other people to find lost loved ones missing from their lives!”
– Rosie Newman